Listen/Subscribe On: Soundcloud | iTunes | Spotify | Audioboom | Stitcher
Join us as we talk cultural appropriation and Frida, representation at the Oscars and “Brownness” as an identifier, Gina Rodriguez and anti-Blackness, Black Panther and the false promise of hypervisibility, the Parkland shooting and the silencing of marginalized voices, as well as Janelle Monaé.
Support this Podcast on Patreon in exchange for awesome rewards.
Mentioned in Episode/Further Reading:
- Episode Eleven Bonus Content
- Thread: Queer Xicano Chisme. on Francisco Cantú
- Janelle Monaé Frees Herself
- Time Magazine Profile on Parkland Students: “The Young and the Relentless”
- Featured Artist: Janelle Monaé
- Featured Song: Make Me Feel
Book Us for your school or org event
[Intro music provided by DJQ]