Listen/Subscribe On: Soundcloud | iTunes | Spotify | Audioboom | Stitcher
In episode five of Bitter Brown Femmes we talk about loving the (hardcore / emo/ punk/ club) scene as teens because it offered us an escape and a place to be ourselves; but also hating the scene because it was filled with predatory creeps. We also talk macktivists, Shitcanos, and Ke$ha!!!
Support this Podcast on Patreon in exchange for awesome rewards.
Mentioned in Episode/Further Reading:
- Where The Girls Aren’t
- Misogynistic Lyrics That Aren’t Rap (A Now Defunct Albeit Archived Blog)
- Unraveling the Sexism of Emo’s Third Wave
- How the pop punk scene became a hunting ground for sexual misconduct
- Kesha Speaks Out On Abuse in Open Letter
- Transcript (Coming Soon!)
- Featured Artist: Ke$ha
- Featured Song: Boots
Book Us for your school or org event
[Intro music provided by DJQ]